jump to navigation

Racist and Violent anti-Australian YouTube Videos Get Another Look January 24, 2007

Posted by C.A.R.D in Anti-Semitism, Anti-White, Australian, Card, Citizens Against Racism and Discrimination, Discriminate, Discrimination, Hate, Hate Crime, Lebanese, Racism, Racist, youtube.
trackback

[Update] Related Story: Racist Lebanese Rappers Sing About Killing Australians

A YouTube video that glorifies notorious gang rapist Bilal Skaf shows there’s a small, antagonistic sub-section within the Lebanese Muslim community, Prime Minister John Howard says.

Mr Howard today described the video as a “shocking exercise”.

“It’s a reminder that there is undoubtedly within a section, a small section, of the Lebanese Muslim community a group of people who are antagonistic to the values and the way of life in this country,” Mr Howard told the Nine Network.

A YouTube user today removed from the website several of the controversial videos, including the Skaf one, called lebo thugs, and another that shows a man being bashed by a gang.

The NSW Premier, Morris Iemma, said this morning that police and the Education Department would investigate whether lebo thugs included images of any current Sydney school students.

A police spokesman said the video will be sent to the NSW Police Legal Services Unit, which will establish if there are any charges arising out of the footage.

He also said the Middle Eastern Organised Crime Squad and the Counter Terrorist Unit had been informed and police would be making inquiries with the Department of Education.

The three-minute video is backed by a rap song and includes an image of Skaf with a rifle on his lap, footage of a Cronulla riot revenge attack, a photo montage of a group referred to as the “Soldiers of Granville Boys”, and a map of Australia in the colours of the Lebanese flag with the words “under new management” scrawled above it.

Another scene shows a Granville Boys High School shirt with a knife placed on it.

Mr Howard said he hoped NSW education authorities found out whether the clip was created by students.

“I think it’s very unfortunate for the name and reputation of the Granville school, that it gets dragged into it, because there would be hundreds of other students behaving in a perfectly proper fashion,” he said.

“The apparent behaviour of these louts gives them a bad name.”

This morning Mr Iemma told 2UE: “It’s sickening, that video, and the Education Department with the assistance of the police are working to find out who is responsible.”

Earlier today, the NSW Education Minister, Carmel Tebbutt, said she would explore the possibility of having the video removed from YouTube.

“I’ll be contacting the federal Attorney-General to see if there is any action that can be taken with regard to YouTube,” she told a Sydney radio station.

“My understanding is that it’s very difficult as the servers are usually located outside Australia.”

The video was uploaded in November last year by YouTube member daboyz123, whose profile says he is a 25-year-old called Amer.

It has been watched more than 8000 times, “favourited” 30 times and been commented on 168 times.

In another two-part video posted by the same user, a man, described in the video as a “junkey” (sic), is spat on and kicked in a park.

In a written explanation of the attack, daboyz123 says it is “revenge for being Jewish, lebo 4 life”.

YouTube took off one part of the video this morning for what it described as a “terms of use violation”. The user removed the second part.

Another video uploaded by daboyz123 includes photos of two young men, whose faces are obscured by Bulldogs rugby league club bandanas, holding knives to their throats.

The video, called Killa Leboz, includes a write-off that says, “Don’t mess with us.”

Another video showed a schoolyard melee.

All but two of daboyz123’s videos were removed this morning following extensive media coverage.

At least one video appeared to have been taken down by YouTube but the others seemed to have been removed by daboyz123 himself.

The NSW Police Minister, John Watkins, said if any students at Granville Boys High School were involved in making the lebo thugs video, they could face suspension or expulsion.

Police will also consider laying criminal charges against anyone involved in the making of the video, he said.

Mr Iemma said students did not have access to sites such as YouTube at school, meaning it was impossible that the lebo thugs video was uploaded at a NSW education facility.

A spokesman for the Education Department said that, based on the footage provided to it, there was no indication that the video had been created by a current student.

However, he said teachers at Granville Boys High School would still be asked to examine scenes from the video when they returned to school next Tuesday to determine if any current students featured in it.

Parents should be vigilant about their children’s use of the internet, he said.

“The [Education] Department is urging parents to monitor their [children’s] use of the internet at home as this is the most likely place from which students view and download material posted to these types of sites.”

C.a.r.d {Citizens Against Racism and Discrimination} Source: Smh.com.au

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: